Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"Actions separate people" part 2

Hello,

Just a quick addendum to my first post on this topic. Here's a quote I stumbled upon a few nights ago:

“Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation) there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: That the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. I have learned a deep respect for one of Goethe’s couplets:

“Whatever you can do,
or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius,
power and magic in it.”

-W.H. Murray (The Scottish Himalayan Expedition)

In "Action separate people" part 1, I mentioned I was working on a new project. Since then, I have pretty much committed to it. Doing some research for the project a couple nights ago, I stumbled onto the website of someone who can greatly help me with this project. That person is arguably the best expert in this field in the entire world. As luck would have it, he is based out of Bali. And guess where I'm flying off to tomorrow? Bali. I have scheduled a meeting with that person and I am hopeful that this can lead to an eventual collaboration between us.

How's that for an example of the principle outlined by Mr.Murray in the quote above? I'm almost 99% sure that if I hadn't committed to the project, I wouldn't have found this guy and this meeting would not be happening. Crazy eh?

On another note, when I get back from Bali, I will be starting a new blog project in addition to this one. It will be based on a platform which I believe has the potential to bring a much more meaningful contribution to society. More details in a couple weeks...

All right, back to studying. Last exam is in 20 hours, the end is near my friends!

Ciao,
Phil


No comments:

Post a Comment